Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January recap


Obviously I haven’t had a great deal of time for blogging. In truth I haven’t had time for much outside of work and reading (and chores, always find time for the chores). I have managed to catch a few movies, and am working my way through a few dvds, but other than that it has been all about the reading. This month will be different.

With people going on leave I have been asked to work fulltime in February. I’d be happy with this just for the extra hours, but I’ll also be working at a higher banding as part of the training team. This is a good thing. I met with Ms E (the head of the training team) yesterday to have a brief chat about what we’ll be doing, and it all sounding interesting. She is also interested in keeping me permanently. Not sure what that’ll mean when the month is over, but for now it’s nice to feel wanted.

The National Year of Reading is being officially launched this month. I’m 40 books in to my challenge. I’m not following any particular strategy, just reading whatever grabs my attention. I know working is likely to have a serious impact this month, and uni will definitely eat into in come March, but I’m not too worried. If I hit the target I’ll be happy, but mostly I’m just doing it for the reading.

Books read in January:
  1. Savage City, Sophia McDougall
  2. The Elements; a visual representation of every known atom in the universe, Theodore Gray
  3. Sex Pistols Vol 1, Tarako Kotobuki
  4. Sex Pistols Vol 2, Tarako Kotobuki
  5. Sex Pistols Vol 3, Tarako Kotobuki
  6. Sex Pistols Vol 4, Tarako Kotobuki
  7. Sex Pistols Vol 5, Tarako Kotobuki
  8. Sex Pistols Vol 6, Tarako Kotobuki
  9. More than Honor, David Weber
  10. On Basalisk Station, David Weber
  11. The Honor of the Queen, David Weber
  12. The short victorious war, David Weber
  13. Field of dishonor, David Weber
  14. Flag in exile, David Weber
  15. Honor among enemies, David Weber
  16. In enemy hands, David Weber
  17. Echoes of Honor, David Weber
  18. Ashes of victory, David Weber
  19. In fire forged, David Weber et al
  20. Changer of Worlds, David Weber et al
  21. Worlds of Honor, David Weber et al
  22. The service of the sword, David Weber et al
  23. War of Honor, David Weber
  24. Crown of slaves, David Weber & Eric Flint
  25. The shadow of Saganami, David Weber
  26. At all costs, David Weber
  27. Clone: the life and legacy of Al Parker, gay superstar, Roger Edmonson
  28. ES Vol 1, Fuyumi Soryo
  29. After school charisma Vol 1, Kumiko Suekane
  30. Return of the Black Death, Susan Scott & Christopher Duncan
  31. The Subject Tonight Is Love: 60 Wild and Sweet Poems of Hafiz, Hafiz, translated Daniel Ladinsky
  32. Hellsing Vol 1, Kouta Hirano
  33. Hellsing Vol 2, Kouta Hirano
  34. Hellsing Vol 3, Kouta Hirano
  35. Hellsing Vol 4, Kouta Hirano
  36. Hellsing Vol 5, Kouta Hirano
  37. Shattered silence: the untold story of a serial killer's daughter, Melissa Moore & M. Bridget Cook
  38. Hellsing Vol 6 Kouta Hirano
  39. Hellsing Vol 7, Kouta Hirano
  40. The World of Downton Abbey, Jessica Fellows
 Miss R and I are off to RedHill for her birthday (and the market) so I imagine I won't get much in the way of reading done. But there will be cake.

1 comment: