Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Year of Reading recap

And so it ends. Thank you ball boys, thank you linesmen. The year of reading is over. 366 days later and 370 books read. Not a bad effort. My spread sheet tells me that the numbers break down like this:

Of the 370 books read:
181 were Ebooks
168 were Paperbacks
21 were Hardcovers

48 were non-fiction
81 were graphic novels
240 were fiction
1 was a picture book

I won't go into too much detail. I know not everyone gets excited by spread sheets and pie charts. To put things in perspective here are some things that were read but didn't count towards the target:

24 professional journals
27 sets of lecture notes
186 academic journal articles
3,235 webcomics

As well as roughly 127 newspapers which don’t really count as I never manage to read them cover to cover, and more emails than I care to remember. At some point in the future I’ll put together a highlights post. Not quite sure what I’m going to do with myself this year. Miss R did mention something about a list of things she wants done … probably wants me to do more than just read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment