Friday, March 11, 2011

small dilemma

Most of you know that I have a very good relationship with the girls at the blood bank. We swap dvds/books/comics, and recommend authors or series to each other. I should point out that they also have a similar relationship with other donors (don’t want anyone to think I’m getting preferential treatment).

Yesterday, one of the girls handed me a disc. Not unusual, except that this had 632 eBooks on it. I am in book geek heaven. True, I did have to download Adobe Digital Editions before I could open any of them, but still awesome. Some of the titles I do already have, so thankfully my collection hasn’t just passed 1400 (if I ever get all my books back from my ex in-laws then it will certainly be close). There are some I will not be putting on my hard drive (I’m looking at you Stephenie Meyer/Jodie Picoult/Nicholas Sparks). I should also mention that if I find a book that I really enjoy, there is every chance I will buy a hard copy (just as I would if I fell in love with a library book). 

The only problem is that most of these books come without an ISBN. No publishing details, nothing except title and author. So, I’m not really sure how I’m going to get them all into library thing. I will probably have to search for each title separately, not something I am in a hurry to do. Perhaps in the uni break. So many books, so little time. 

It really is a hard life sometimes ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment