Monday, April 19, 2010

this is the end ...

So, how do I feel about all of this? To be honest I'm not sure. Some of these exercises were fun. Some were painful. Mostly I've been wondering how I would use this at work. I still don't have an answer to that. The hardest part about keeping a blog is that you need to be online regularly. While I might check my email, do my banking, pay the bills, or work on assignments, I don't spend a huge amount of time in front of my laptop.

This wasn't always the case. Once I could have spent days online or gaming. I've had housemates who'd forgotten I lived there because they rarely saw me. But I can't do it anymore. I made the conscious effort to reclaim my life, and unplug. I’m more likely to be absorbed in a good book than go online. Perhaps it is because I recognise that computers and the internet are meant to be tools; they are for my convenience. They are not my link to the rest of the world. I’m sure that for some people it is their link, but I’m not one of them. I use them for what I need and then I go do something else.

Some of what we covered I already knew. Other things I had been avoiding like the plague, twitter being the best example. I am resigned to the fact that I will not do brilliantly on this assignment. I have given everything a bash, but I don't know if that is enough. My group has not been communicating a great deal, but from the other pages I've looked at this doesn't seem to be unusual. I think it is good to have broadened my knowledge base, even if I don't know what I'll use it for.

After all you get asked the strangest things in a public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment