Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Burst of popularity

November is going to be a very busy month. It looks like I will be busy just about every weekend. This is what happens when uni finishes for the year. The fact that a few of us also have our birthdays this month isn’t helping. 

One of the most important events this November will be the Turducken & bake-off. I have spoken with the nice butcher man, and he will make this mythical beast for me (provided I give him a few days notice).

Now November is looking fairly full already. I've already got a bbq/engagement on the 5th, a Mad Hatter’s tea party on the 6th, and a birthday party on the 26th. This leaves us with two options the 12th or the 19th. Personally, I always think Saturdays are a better option, because it leaves most of Sunday to recover. Given the amount of food this is likely to produce, we’ll all need that extra day (and possibly some baggy pants).

I’ve never made one of these before, so I have no idea what it will taste like, we may end up with pizza and cake. This is very much the test run. If it all goes well the Turducken will be centre table christmas day.

The girls from Uni have all volunteered to be my guinea pigs, so I’ve sent an email out. Depending on their availability I may end up cornering some of the girls from work too. Given how busy things are this time of year I won’t be offended if people can’t make it.

I’m sure I’ll be able to find any leftovers good homes.

1 comment:

  1. Turducken! Glorious Turducken!
    nom nom nom.
    November is a tough month. The weather is nice, weekends get booked. Still, I would never say no to a three bird feast. Especially since you and Miss R can cook up a storm.

    ReplyDelete