Saturday, October 22, 2011

I’m free, I’m free


It’s official. Uni is over for the year. To celebrate I sat down and read a whole book in one day. How I have missed reading for pleasure. That is not to suggest that I haven’t enjoyed most of what I read for uni this semester, just that it is nice to read a book written for adults, not teenagers, and non-fiction.

I’m up to date with the new series of Dr Who. The new Elder Scrolls game ‘Skyrim' is released in just under 3 weeks, so I’m afraid I’ll be useless for about a week (must game). The last two books in my Robotech series finally arrived. I can now read all 21 in the order they were intended. I’m driving Ms P and friend to the airport on Thursday. Other than work, I won’t be doing anything for the rest of the week. Instead I will be using the time to prepare myself for the onslaught of November. Busy month ahead.

I’m looking forward to the gatherings, but there will be heaps to do. I’ve been asked to make my killer coconut ice for the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, in rainbow colours no less. I’m thinking of being ridiculously creative, but won’t mention it to anyone on the off chance I get too busy and don’t get time to follow through.

Miss R is making her eggplant dish for the BBQ, but I haven’t decided what I’m going to make yet. I have to work that morning, so I’m limited to making something that will be fine to eat the day after making. I’ll have to spend some time with my cookbooks. And of course there’s the Turducken.
I should make it very clear that I am baking because I want to, not because I have to. The Italian in me is all about expressing love through food. Miss R is the same, even if most of what I make is sugar related. 

We all know I’m not sweet enough on my own.

2 comments:

  1. Nick, congrats on finishing uni for now! That must be a super feeling.
    I still have one assignment left to hand in (late, eep!) and then a break till placement. I'm so looking forward to being done!
    Also, good work on catching up with the world, maybe when we do the TurDuckEn you can explain the latest series of Dr Who to me. I started out loving Matt as the Dr, and quite liking Amy Pond, but then got sidetracked. Is it worth investing time in catching up? We shall discuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! That's rather exciting :-)
    Here's to cranking through the rest of the course and becoming a fully fledged lib-rat.

    ReplyDelete