Thursday, February 3, 2011

holiday

Miss R and I are off on holiday. Red Hill market has been on my mind since last easter. That was the last time I went anywhere that wasn't family related. There will be food love. There will be a trip to the hot springs. There will be a beach (provided it doesn't rain on us) and lots of salt water. Mostly it will be a great deal of time for Miss R and myself, without much of the stuff that has been having a less than stellar impact on our everyday life. In short, it will be time without the cloud of Ms L hanging over us, and I for one am looking forward to that.

With just about everything off my old laptop, there will be nothing left to remind me of the brief friendship, or the resulting fallout. When it goes, so does all trace of Ms L. Hopefully my stupid brain will follow suit, and I can go back to the life I had before this cluster-fuck went down. But that will be a job for when we get back.

I have to pack in the morning, but that won't take long. Picking books to take with me is always the hardest part. One for each day is usually safe. For the next few days Ms S will hold down the fort, and feed the cats.

As for the library: if Wendy calls, I'm not here.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooohhh. Alone time.
    Think of it as a lesson learned. A horrid lesson that wasn't called for.
    Enjoy the break and the foods.

    ReplyDelete