Monday, January 31, 2011

further perils ...

She called again, my little old lady with a thing for 1950's Australian fashion. This time she has a name: Wendy. I had though being at a different branch today may act as a buffer. I was wrong. Not only did she find me at AN but she kept me on the phone for 15 minutes. If it had been a new enquiry I probably wouldn't have minded, as it was I spent the time looking for more informaiton on Bobo Faulkner. There wasn't anything new since Friday. Wendy said she'd call the State Library to see what else they could do, so she may end up coming across Miss A. Gotta share the love after all.

For now I have to brave "knifepoint" to get a birthday card for Miss T. She was 31 yesterday. After working together and sharing a house for two years, it is still strange not seeing her everyday. I also have to find something for Miss R's birthday between now and the 9th. It is always possible that I may find something while we are away, it I don't get distracted by the food. Red Hill market has awesome food. I'm still dreaming of the little japanese cakes I had last time; macha and red bean. So good. 

Must remember to pack the baggy pants.

3 comments:

  1. Bobo Faulkner? What the hell? I'd use my mad skills and do some research, but I'm off work.

    you and my young man should talk gifts next year. Give some mutual support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss R will just be thrilled that I bought a card. I'm the guy that gives gifts in bags (I refuse to wrap presents).

    I'll find something nice at the markets. I'm sneaky like that.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may have had the pleaseure of our serial stalker on Sunday... Interesting! xx

    ReplyDelete