Wednesday, December 29, 2010

give until it hurts

I have been putting up with this headache for 18 days now. Mostly I can ignore it, but every now and then it smacks me around. I've limited my painkillers so as not to alert those around me, which means I have been able to avoid the "Go to the doctor" conversation. I'm still functioning, but this far in I am beginning to wonder how long I've got before it goes into eyeball stabbing migraine mode. 

Given I haven't had a migraine in quite some time I am a little nervous. As a contingency measure I tried to make an appointment with my acupuncturist, but he's on holiday. I can't take any of the more serious painkillers as they would prevent me from making my regular donation at the bloodbank tomorrow. The best I can hope for is that it hits during the four days I'm off over new years. At least then I can flake on the couch with the furballs in front of the air con. 

It's not like I'm doing anything anyway. I have never seen the point of going out on new years eve. People getting smashed, making poor choices, and resolutions that they never keep. I'm much happier having the house to myself ... well, I have to share with the kitties, but they don't complain if I need to spend several hours killing zombies.

On the upside I have been plotting planning on how to spend my christmas cash. Mostly I've been ordering t-shirts online, but I've also been eyeing off some new kitchen appliances. A man can never have too many baking-related pieces of machienery.


No comments:

Post a Comment