Thursday, January 20, 2011

family trials

So, the universe has decided that my life has managed to get too simple over the last week or so.  When I got home tonight I got the "Call your brother," talk from Miss R.  It seems Miss R and Miss H have been talking. As most siblings will tell you, when your partners start talking to each other there is usually trouble to follow. In this case it relates to our youngest sibling, my little sister.

Now, as everyone is aware we went north for a few days over christmas. Given the duration of our visit we did not manage to see my little sister. They have christmas at my Dads place (where my brother and I aren't welcome), and then usually have boxing day with my step-mothers family. Since we flew home the day after boxing day we didn't get to see my sister. In fact, (and I'm the first to admit that I'm in the wrong), I didn't even call to let her know we'd be there. In my defence, I was about 14 days into my funk, and really in no state to be making any judgement calls.

So, justifiably, her feeling were hurt.  But, having said that, she did not make any effort to contact any of us either. I will call my brother tomorrow and find out what been going on. If my sister has been in contact with Miss H (apparently full of tears and recriminations), then we will need to figure out what we will need to do to fix this. Everything is such a drama when you're 14.

I've also got my new laptop out of the box. Haven't really had much time to play with it yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Maybe after I've finished my long list of chores. Plus I've got the two most recent Buffy comics to catch up on as well. And a trip to JB to pick up the new Adele cd.

Could also do without the random thoughts of Ms L ... Stupid brain.

4 comments:

  1. While reading I was thinking 'oh honestly. Doesn't she have larger problems? Like work and rent and housemates?'
    But then I was reminded how old she is. Poor thing. I can barely remember back that far, but what I do recall is that everyone in the universe is full of malice at that age and all you can do is try to remain intact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately she has always been big with the emotional blackmail, so I'm not really surprised that she's had a hissy fit. I'm also not surprised that she's done this to my sister-in-law, rather than talking to either me or my brother. She knows we won't stand for it, but Miss H doesn't have that history with her. She is so used to getting her own way that I have great difficultly relating to her most of the time.

    I am inclined to ignore the whole thing, but that would likely put more stress on Miss H (something she doesn't need with a 7 month old). I'll call my brother and see what he thinks. He's the one that has to live in the same town.

    This is why I live far, far away from my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupid brain! I agree!!!... but I can't talk! Watch out for upcoming drunken blog posts due to being childless for a whole 2 hours now! and this is how I choose to spend my free time!!! See you sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least I did my chores first. Now I can play with the new laptop guilt free :)

    ReplyDelete