Tuesday, January 4, 2011

library thing

I've been filling my down time with useful exercises. Many years ago my ex (the one before Miss R) catalogued the books I had in my room. From memory there were 300+ at that point in time. Roughly 5 years later and the computer with that list has long ceased to function (much like that relationship). So, after some discussion with the girls at work (and a chat with Miss R), my final act of 2010 was to start an account on LibrayThing.

Five days later and I am 328 books in. There is a separate pile of books that will need original cataloguing, but I'm ignoring those for now. I still have two bookshelves in the study to go and then I'll have finished. Well, finished except for the previously mentioned pile that I'm ignoring. And of course everything I've read, but don't actually have a copy of. And all the books still at my nan's. Or my books that my brother has. Or the bags of books my ex fathers-in law have.

This could take longer than I orginally planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment